CICD OverviewThe Implementing Cisco Collaboration Devices (CICD) course will prepare you for the 210-060 certification exam by covering basic protocol concepts to in depth configuration of the major Unified Communications (UC) applications/devices.
Everything that is covered will set you up for success as you will not learn only theory, but how to configure many different tasks that you will encounter both on the exam, and in real world applications.
If you already earned your CCNA Voice certification, you do not need to take CICD to obtain the CCNA Collaboration certification. You only need to take and pass CIVND.
You will learn the following topics in order to help prepare you on your path towards becoming a UC Engineer:
- The history of telecommunications, and the PSTN
- Voice Protocols, and the different components that the UC infrastructure comprises of
- How Cisco phones function and what configuration is required for successful registration of the phones
- How the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) functions and operates
- The purpose of the IM&P server, and how to integrate it into the CUCM
- How to setup and troubleshoot Jabber for Windows
- What the Cisco Unity Connection is, and how it is configured
- How Voice Gateways function and are configured
- What CUCME is and how to set up CUCME’s major parameters
- What the significance of the Cisco Unity Express is and its current significance